AfricaPhotoBank LICENSING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Royalty free downright*(RFD) highlights for the content owned by Africaphotobank.com:
other contributors may have their own restriction please verify with the artist.
The concept of royalty free downright* enables you the end used to have a "all in one" license for all the separate extensions usually given to a standard Royalty Free content.
1. Public Relation Campaign (PR) with Mass media
Royalty free downright* license allows you to, use, reproduce, distribute or display the Work in connection with a PR campaign aimed at the promotion of goods or services to the media.
2. Reproduction/ Print Run Limits
The Standard License for RF usually limits the amount of times you may print the Content to 50,000 reproductions.
By purchasing a Royalty free downright* license, you can make an unlimited number of reproductions.
3. Multi-Seat Licenses
Royalty free downright* license allows you to extend usage of the Content to more than one person within your organization provided all such users are employees.
4. Items for Resale - Limited Run
Royalty free downright* license allow uses of the Content in items for resale, license, or other distribution, including:
1. up to 50,000 cards, stationery items, stickers, or paper products,
2. up to 5,000 posters, calendars, mugs, or mouse pads,
3. or up to 1,000 t-shirts, games, apparel items, toys, entertainment goods, or framed artwork.
5. Electronic Items for Resale - Unlimited Run
Royalty free downright* license allow users to resell the Content in an unlimited number of electronic templates for e-greeting or similar cards, electronic templates for web or applications development, PowerPoint or Keynote templates, screensavers, and email or brochure templates, the Content shall be limited to a resolution of 1,000 x 1,000 pixels in website uses (regardless of the resolution of the Work available for downloading from the Africaphotobank.com website).
You may not use the Content and claim copyright.
You may utilize all the rights under this Agreement for itself, and additionally, on behalf of one (1) of its clients if a contract already exist with such client. As such, you may sublicense your rights and obligations hereunder to one (1) client and such client shall have all the rights, restrictions and obligations under this Agreement, but without the right to further sublicense these rights to additional parties. If you desire to use the Work on behalf of more than one (1) client, then you will have to download and pay for additional license(s) to the same Work.
You may not sub-license, re-sell, rent, lend, assign, gift or otherwise transfer or distribute the Content or the rights granted under this Agreement.
3. Defamatory usage
You may not use the Content in a fashion that is considered by AfricaPhotoBank as or under applicable law is considered pornographic, obscene, racial, immoral, infringing, defamatory or libelous in nature, or that would be reasonably likely to bring any person or property reflected in the Content into disrepute.
The following is a legal agreement between You and the owners of Africaphotobank.com (“Website”). By downloading an Image/Video You agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement automatically, without any other conditions or declarations. If You do not agree with these terms, You are not allowed to download the Images or video.
You may use the Image
1. Online or electronic publications or uses, including web pages to a maximum image size of 1200 x 800 pixels; video image size limitation is 640 x 480. Any size reproduction is acceptable with substantial changes to the content (limit 10000 copies).
2. In printed promotional materials, magazines, newspapers, books, brochures, flyers, CD/DVD covers, etc. (limit 10000 copies).
3. To decorate your home, your office or any public place (limit 10000 copies). 4.Advertisements in newspapers, magazine, or other printed material (limit 10000 copies).
5.Web/digital advertisements (limit 10000 copies).
6.Corporate film and video presentations(limit 10000 copies).
7.Commercial film, motion pictures, movies or theatrical presentations(limit 10000 copies).
8.Books and book covers, CD & DVD covers (10000 copies).
9.Editorial purposes: printed magazines, newspapers, editorials, newsletters(10000 copies).
10.Online or electronic publications or uses, including web pages to a maximum image size of 1200 x 800 pixels; video image size limitation is 640 x 480. Any size reproduction is acceptable with substantial changes to the content limit (10000 copies).
11. Printed promotional projects including product packaging, catalogues, brochures, promotional greeting cards, promotional postcards and promotional posters (but not for resale or license) (limit 10000 copies).
12. Editorial purposes: printed magazines, newspapers, editorials, newsletters (limit 10000 copies).
You may not use the Image (or require a downright licence)
1. For pornographic, unlawful or other immoral purposes, for spreading hate or discrimination, or to defame or victimize other people, societies, cultures.(no licence granted)
2. To endorse products and services if it depicts a person.
3. In website templates that You intend to sell or distribute.(downright licence required)
4. For creating printed reproductions that You intend to sell.(downright licence required)
5. Along with your corporate identity on business cards, letterhead, etc. (downright licence required)
3. In a way that can give a bad name to africaphotobank.com or the person(s) depicted on the Image.
4. You may not distribute Images free on any web site, strictly prohibited .
7. On “print on demand” items such as t-shirts, postcards, mouse pads, mugs or on any similar mass produced item that would contain the Image .(downright licence required)
8.Use it in a Public Relation Campaign, Advertising Campaign, for large corporations, companies, etc. (downright licence required)
9. You may not resell the Images/video in any way example: through membership sites as single sales or prints and/or part of templates ,Sub-license, give away, share or otherwise transfer stand-alone images/files.
10.Install content in more than one location at a time
Warranty and Liability
THE WEBSITE AND THE IMAGES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. WE OFFER NO WARRANTY, EXPLICIT OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY IMAGES, THE WEBSITE, THE ACCURACY OF ANY INFORMATION, OR ANY RIGHTS OR LICENSES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. AFRICAPHOTOBANK.COM DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE OR THE IMAGES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THEIR USE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE.
AFRICAPHOTOBANK.COM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY GENERAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, OR LOST PROFITS OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, COSTS OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE IMAGES.