Before placing your order with Africaphotobank, please read the following:
This is a family owned business, and is no multimillion dollar concern behind; we work together like a team father and son.
We have been in business in Botswana from 1999 as stock photographers and take care of our customers.
More than 10% of our files have been found in various places on the internet or print, either being used without a licence, or inappropriately shared with various, third party designers, or "friends" from social networks etc. Due to this high rate of piracy we have enabled a strict refund policy for our digital downloads.
At our sole discretion and on a case-to-case basis, a refund may be offered, to our long time business partners, other stock agencies what we collaborate with, or established clients.
If you have a problem receiving your purchase or you experience technical problems accessing a download for the item you purchased, we will do everything possible to assist you. We do not ship any products to your mailing address. All items (photos, video, designs etc. )are designed to be downloaded to your hard drive.
In general, content (photos, video, designs etc.) purchased and/or downloaded from Africaphotobank.com is not returnable, being the nature of our items, once you have downloaded; we have no control over the file. This is the reason that we do not generally offer refunds.
All sales of Digital Content are final. Once you have purchased your item, we encourage you to download it promptly and to make back-up copies of it, if you are unable to download, ask for an FTP password and if a photo is purchased we can email it to you also, no video files will be emailed. If you are unable to complete a download, please contact customer service. You bear all risk of loss after purchase and for any loss of Digital Content (photos, video, designs, etc.) you have downloaded, including any loss due to a computer or hard drive crash, backup copies will be provided only as a complimentary service to the customers at our sole discretion.
If this return policy seems like a risk to you, please do not place an order with us.
Once a file is downloaded directly, FTP, emailed, or delivered to you by any other means we have no control over it.
Due to this lack of control, we have several requirements to issue refunds:
- The reason for the return must be based on proven quality issues with the file.
- No refunds will be issued for files owned and uploaded by our contributors; you must deal directly with them.
- The file must be irrecoverably removed (sanitised) from your computer or any other third party storage system.
- If all the above criteria are met a "Certificate of Destruction", signed by two witnesses in the presence of a legal representative is required. A reputable (traceable) photographic organisation in your area must certify the" Certificate of Destruction".
- If you received the file via a third party email provider (such as Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, Hotmail, etc.) or shared or stored in any way with any other third party, the "Certificate of Destruction" must be signed also by a representative from the legal department of the respective provider or third party stating clearly that the file was removed also from their possession.
-Among others clauses specific to royalty free items you must specify clearly in your "Certificate of Destruction".
1. I have destroyed the product (including all copies). Any failure to destroy the product or any use of the product will constitute an infringement of the intellectual property rights of Africaphotobank.
2. I have not used or copied , shared etc.the product in any way for any purpose whatsoever.
3. I have not transferred the product to or permitted the product to be used or copied by a third party.
4. When licenses are withdrawn and images deleted – any subsequent unlicensed usage will be liable to legal action and penalties, as with any unlicensed use of an Africaphotobank file.